School of Library and Information Studies University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
"... Knowledge Management, Open Source Software, Digital Libraries, Communities, Text Mining, Broadband ..."
Service (2008 - Current)
Reports and Accreditation
- Report on Analysis of LIS600 Capping Exercise (ePortfolio) Data for the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) (2020).
- Faculty Lead - Standard II: Curriculum Chapter for the 2013-2020 Self-Study) submitted to the Committee on Accreditation (COA), American Library Association (ALA) for the accreditation of the MLIS Program (SLIS) (2019).
- Report on Analysis of LI 600 Capping Exercise Data School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) (2019).
- Curriculum Review Project (2013–2018) Report by the Curriculum Review Committee (Allard, D. McNally, M., Oliphant, T. and Rathi, D.) (2018).
- Dual Degree Program Report (2016).
- Contributed to Standard VI: Physical Resources and Facilities chapter (e.g., Audit of SLIS’ both physical and digital infrastructure such as classrooms, offices, etc.) and other chapters, as required, for the 2012-2013 Self- submitted to the Committee on Accreditation (COA), American Library Association (ALA) for the accreditation of the MLIS Program (SLIS) (2012).
- Contributed to the MLIS Graduate Exit Survey analysis/report (2009, 2008)
- Contributed in transforming the SLIS surveys to migrate them to web-based surveys using Survey Monkey (2008)
Student Advising and Committees
- External Examiner
- Master Student Thesis
- Doctoral Student Dissertation Proposal Defense
- SLIS Student Thesis Committee
- Co-Supervise (Master and Ph.D. Students)
- Examining Committee Chair (Master Thesis Defense)
- Examining Committee Member (Master Thesis Defense)
- Examining Committee Member (Doctoral Student Dissertation Proposal Defense)
- Course-based Graduate Student Advising (MLIS Program)
- School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS)
- Admissions Committee
- Adjunct Faculty Committee (ad–hoc)
- Curriculum Committee
- Communications Committee
- Research Colloquia Series Committee
- Student Survey Committee
- SLIS Faculty Search Committee
- SLIS Accreditation Working Committee
- Scholarship and Awards Committee
- Technology Committee
- Faculty of Education
- Diversity, Equity and Respect (DER) Committee
- Election Committee
- HT Coutts Library Advisory Committee
- Scholarship and Research Awards (SARC) Committee
- Technology Advisory Board (TAB) (Committee)
- Canada Research Chair Search Committee
- University of Alberta and Other Faculties
- Faculty–Based ICT Committee
- Selection Committee, Faculty of Extension
- Faculty of Education Dean Selection Committee
- Reviewed for:
- Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Conference
- Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS)
- Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science (CJILS)
- Hawaii International Conference on System Science (as minitrak Co-Chair)
- International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM)
- Journal of Knowledge Management (JKM)
- President, Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS). (2017–2018)
- Vice-President, Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS). (2016–2017)
- Co-Organizer (along with Dr. Michael McNally) for the Digital Future 2015 Conference at the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS), University of Alberta, Edmonton. (2015)
- Director Communication, Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS). (2009–2010; 2010–2011)
- Co–Chair for the Minitrack, Research 2.0: Web 2.0 and Virtual Worlds as Research Environments at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) (Co–Chair: Dr. Lisa Given) (2010 and 2011)