Peer-reviewed Journal Papers:
In the following, * denotes HQP (Highly Qualified Personnel) authors under my supervision.
• Guo Y*, Hu X*, Banks J, Liu W. (2020). Considering buried depth in the moving finite line source model for vertical borehole heat exchangers - a new solution. Energy and Buildings. (214): 109859
• Huang G*, Pudasainee D, Gupta R, Liu W. (2020). Utilization and performance evaluation of molasses as a retarder and plasticizer for calcium sulfoaluminate cement-based mortar. Construction and Building Materials. (243): 118-201
• Hu X*, Banks J, Wu L*, Liu W. (2020). Numerical modeling of a coaxial borehole heat exchanger to exploit geothermal energy from abandoned petroleum wells in Hinton, Alberta. Renewable Energy. (148): 1110-23
• Huang G*, Pudasainee D, Gupta R, Liu W. (2019). Hydration reaction and strength development of calcium sulfoaluminate cement-based mortar cured at cold temperatures. Construction and Building Materials. (224): 493-503
• Hu C, Sudak L, Apel D, Liu W. (2019). Physical investigation on the behavior of voussoir beams. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. (Accepted)
• Liu F*, Mao X, Fan Y, Wu L*, Liu W. (2019). Effects of rock content on the crushing behavior of weathered phyllite fills from eastern Ankang section of Shitian highway, China. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2019.07.011)
• Chang P, Chen Y, Xu G, Huang J, Ghosh A, Liu W. (2019) Numerical study of coal dust behaviours and experimental investigation on coal dust suppression efficiency of surfactant solution by using wind tunnel tests. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects. 2019:1-16.
• Wang H*, Chen X, Xie Y, Wei X, Liu W. (2019). Experimental study on improving performance of dust-suppression foam by magnetization. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. (577): 370-7
• Ding X, Xu G, Liu W, Yang L*, Albijanic B. (2019). Effect of polymer stabilizers' viscosity on red sand structure strength and dust pollution resistance. Powder Technology. (352): 117-25
• Khodayari F, Pourrahimian Y, Liu W. (2019). Production scheduling with horizontal mixing simulation in block cave mining. Journal of Mining Science. (Accepted)
• Pu Y, Apel D, Liu W, Mitri H. (2019). Machine learning methods for rockburst prediction-state-of-the-art review. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. (29)4: 565-570
• Wu L*, Hu C, Liu W. (2019) Effects of pozzolans on acid resistance of shotcrete for sewer tunnel rehabilitation. Journal of Sustainable Cement-Based Materials. (8)1: 55-57
• Wu L*, Hu C, Liu W. (2018) The Sustainability of Concrete in Sewer Tunnel - A Narrative Review of Acid Corrosion in the City of Edmonton, Canada. Sustainability. (10)2: 517
• Yu H*, Wu L*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y.(2018). Effects of fibers on expansive shotcrete mixtures consisting of calcium sulfoaluminate, Portland cement, and calcium sulfate. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. (10)3: 212-215
• Omane D*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y.(2018). Comparison of chemical suppressants under different atmospheric temperatures for the control of fugitive dust emission on mine hauls roads. Atmospheric Pollution Research. (9)3: 561-568
• Yang S, Hu X*, Liu WV, Cai J, Zhou X. (2018). Spontaneous combustion influenced by surface methane drainage and its prediction by rescaled range analysis. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. (28)2: 215-221
• Sepehri M, Apel D, Liu W. (2017). Stope stability assessment and effect of horizontal to vertical stress ratio on the yielding and relaxation zones around underground open stopes using empirical and finite element methods. Archives of Mining Sciences. (62)3: 653-669.
• Hu X*, Yang S, Liu W, Zhou X, Sun J, Yu H. (2017). A methane emission control strategy in the initial mining range at a spontaneous combustion-prone longwall face: a case study in Coal 15, Shigang Mine, China. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. 38: 504-515.
• Liu W, Apel D, Bindiganavile V, Szymanski J. (2016). Analytical and numerical modelling for the effects of thermal insulation in underground tunnels. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 26(2): 267-276.
• Liu W, Apel D, Bindiganavile V. (2016). Cylindrical models of heat flow and thermo-elastic stress in underground tunnels. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow. 26(8): 2139-2159.
• Liu W, Apel D, Bindiganavile V. (2014). Thermal properties of lightweight dry-mix shotcrete containing expanded perlite aggregate. Cement and Concrete Composites. 53: 44-51.
• Liu W, Apel D, Bindiganavile V. (2011). Thermal characterisation of a lightweight mortar containing expanded perlite for underground insulation. International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering. 3(1): 55-71.
• Balideh S, Sepehri M, Liu W, Suglo R, Szymanski J, Planeta S.(2010). Simulation of a tunnel boring machine. Cuprum Ore Mining Scientific and Technical Magazine. 57(4): 45-58.
• Wu L*, Liu W, Hu C. (2018). Improving acid resistance of shotcrete for sewer tunnel rehabilitation in Edmonton. NASTT's 2018 No-Dig Show, Palm Springs, California, United States (Accepted)
• Omane D*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y.(2018). A ranking of dust suppressants under different atmospheric temperatures to control fugitive dust generated from mine haul roads. 2018 SME Annual Conference & Expo, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States (Accepted)
• Omane D*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y.(2017). Evaluating dust suppressants on mine haul roads. 2017 Alberta Canadian Mineral Processors (CMP) Conference, Fort McMurray, Canada
• Malaki S, Khodayari F, Pourrahimian Y, and Liu W.(2017). An application of mathematical programming and sequential Gaussian simulation for block-cave production scheduling, 1st International Conference on Underground Mining Technology (UMT 2017), Sudbury, Canada, October 11-13, pp. 323-337.
• Subasinghe I*, Joseph T, Liu W.(2017). Evaluation of whole body vibrations in mine haul trucks with the use of truck body motions. Maintenance, Engineering and Reliability / Mine Operators Conference, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (1-13)
• Yu H*, Wu L*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y. (2017). Developing shrinkage-compensating shotcrete mixtures from calcium sulfoaluminate, Portland cement, and calcium sulfate. 2017 CIM Convention, Montreal, Canada. 1-13.
• Omane D*, Yu H*, Liu W, Pourrahimian Y. (2017). Investigation on the use of chemical dust suppressants on ash emissions due to Fort McMurray Wildfire. 2017 SME Annual Conference, Denver, United States.375-380
• Hu X*, Yang S, Liu W, Song W, Zhou X. (2016). Numerical modeling and rescaled range analysis of spontaneous combustion under surface methane drainage in a Chinese coal mine. 3rd International Symposium on Mine Safety Science and Engineering, Montreal, Canada. 552-556
• Bindiganavile V, Liu V, Apel D. (2015). Thermal properties of lightweight dry-mix shotcrete for mine insulation. Banthia-Basheer International Symposium on Advances in Science and Technology of Concrete, Mumbai, India
• Apel D, Liu W, Bindiganavile V, Szymanski J. (2013). Laboratory tests and numerical modeling during the development of thermal insulating shotcrete. 23rd World Mining Congress, Montreal, Canada. 1-10
• Apel D, Liu W, Bindiganavile V. (2013). Simulation of the effects of thermo-insulating shotcrete on the energy consumption of ventilation and cooling systems at deep underground mines. Drebenstedt C, Singhal R. Mine Planning and Equipment Selection. 1: 37-42.
• Wu L*, Hu C, Liu W. (2017). Sustainability of concrete for drainage structure. 30. Sustainability Scholars Program between the City of Edmonton and University of Alberta.
• Liu V, Dixon J. (2014). Cantung TSF4B dry stack tailings storage facility preliminary design report. 56. Tetra Tech EBA.
• Liu V, Palczewski E. (2014). Pigeon pit waste rock storage area design. In Ekati diamond mine waste rock and ore storage management plan (Version 4.1). 37. Tetra Tech EBA.