Department of Computing Science
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2E8
Office: 311 Athabasca Hall
Email: szepesva AT cs DOT ualberta DOT ca
Phone: (780) 492-8581
Fax: (780) 492-6393
Who is this guy?
Faculty at the Department of Computing Science,
one of the 10 PIs
at AICML (the Alberta Innovates Centre for Machine Learning)
member of Reinforcement Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- (October 8, 2016) You should check out Challo! It is a fun phone app that let's you challenge your friends, keep track of who did what challenge and have tons of fun. Why is this here? The app is developed by Deon and Reka!
- (September 1, 2016) Bandits blog devoted to the bandits course's material and beyond. New contents every week!
- (August 16, 2016) Bandit Algorithms: My new graduate course co-developed with Tor.
- Prospective grad students who are interested in joining the Statistical Machine Learning degree specialization program, which is a joint program between our department and the MathStat department should look here. Why should you apply?
- Here is some advice for present and future grad students.
- Responding to an "emergency situation", back in 2008 I have spent a few hours by searching on the IEEE website to collect recent references on applications of RL. Here are the results which are now linked to the page on Successes of RL. See also Satinder's similarly titled page here.