NEURAL CONTROL OF RESPIRATION
- Examining the development of the respiratory generating centre and the neuromodulation of respiration
- Development of pharmacological therapies to treat obstructive and central sleep
- Development of treatment strategies to reduce pulmonary and cardiac defects in a mouse model of sickle cell disease.
CONGENITAL DIAPHRAGMATIC HERNIA (CDH)
- Studying the mechanisms controlling motor axon guidance towards their target musculature.
- Examining the events underlying the formation of muscle from the time of somitic muscle precursors migration through to myotube formation.
- Examining the pathogenesis and etiology of CDH.