Bogus and Questionable Web Sites
These are examples, some quite good, of web sites that are bogus: they offer services and products that don't exist, report research that is false and never happened, and so on. Many are excellent examples to use in instructing Internet evaluation.
- Clones-R-Us - no longer is cloning just for the rich
- Dihydrogen Monoxide - DHMO Homepage - do you know all the facts about Dihydrogen Monoxide?
- Feline Reactions to Bearded Men - what does a cat see when it looks at a guy with beard?
- Genochoice - create your own genetically healthy child online!
- Mankato, Minnesota Home Page - or is it?
- POP! the first human male pregancy
- "The True but Little Known Facts about Women and Aids, with documentation" - uh, yah, sure...
- Internet Evaluation - Hoax Sites - compiled by Celita de Armond at U Texas San Antonio
- Questionable Web Sites - good resource page created by Ken Winter, Preston Library, Virginia Military Institute.
- McWhortle Enterprises, Inc. - try investing online!
Last update: 14 February 2002