|Muhammad Saleh Kamboh's Tomb|
The much contested tomb of Muhammad Saleh Kamboh lies in the compound of St. Andrew's Church on Empress Road. According to Latif, the St. Andrew's Church was constructed over the grave of Muhammad Saleh Kamboh, the court chronicler of Emperor Shah Jahan and his brother Inayatullah.
Muhammad Saleh Kamboh's Tomb, originally faced with red sandstone, suffered much damage during the Sikh Period when the domed section was utilized as a powder magazine. After British annexation, the structure served as a residence of an 'English gentleman' and became known as Seymour Sahib Ki Kothi—the domed portion being used as a carriage house. However, when the structure was converted into a church, side rooms were added, and it became known as St. Andrew's Railway Church.
According to Kanhaiya Lal, the octagonal tomb was constructed by Muhammad Saleh Kamboh over the grave of his brother Sheikh Inayatullah upon his death in 1669. Five years later, when Muhammad Saleh died, he was also buried alongside his brother in the same vault.
The sarcophagi were made of red sandstone, which like many others, were removed during Ranjit Singh's reign. The dome is lofty and imposing and is supported by four high arches. There were turrets with cupolas on four sides, however; only one survives today. The stairs to the roof were in the south corner of the edifice.
Presently, it is used as the principal's office for the school located in the church compound. The church authorities are adamant that it has been a part of the church for over a century and was never associated with anybody's tomb, however; the building clearly presents itself in the style of a Mughal tomb, corroborating with the accounts of historians Kanhaiya Lal and Latif.