Victor Hugo Jaimes
Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering (
· Work experience in Logistics coordination, Inventory rotation, planification and implementation of maintenance routines for TPM.
Currently enrolled in a MSc in Engineering Management (
Current Research Project: Characterization of Slurry Wear Process Conditioninig in Pipelines.
Motivation and Objectives:
· Development of a better understanding of the two layer model for the characterization of damage accumulation in pipeline slurry trasnportation processes through experimental insight in a laboratory environment.
· Design of a slurry loop apparatus in a laboratory environment for conducting preliminary slurry wear testing and test the characterization model in a controlled setting.
· Development of a characterization model of erosion wear mechanism present in slurry loop pipelines and some standard wear testing procedurees such us ASTM G65 and ASTM B611.
· Contribute with this research as a basis for future work that may be developed and helpful for the oil industry regarding wear characterization and testing.
Progress to Date and Expected Completion: Currently the slurry pipeline loop have been designed and built at The University of Alberta. Its full commissioning is about to be done and in parallel design work on a hybrid wear test rig have been started and will be completed within the summer months of 2010. The project in full is expected to be accomplished by the end of 2010.