LRIGS partners and collaborators contribute to our program in numerous ways.
- Having representatives sit on governance committees and supervisory committees for student research.
- Sharing their knowledge and work experience through workshops, lectures and short courses for program participants.
- Mentoring and advising students.
- Attending LRIGS events and interacting with program participants.
- Providing financial support for program participants through funding tuition, research and travel costs.
- Providing access to disturbed lands on which to conduct research and to data, equipment or technologies used in reclamation work.
LRIGS was closely aligned with the Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative (HAI). Many of our students and fellows received substantial research funding through HAI.
LRIGS is closely aligned with the Alberta Centre for Reclamation and Restoration Ecology (ACRRE) at the University of Alberta.
Our other current partners and collaborators are: