- focused, versatile, and curious
- highly organized
- accurate and focused on detail
- capable of and interested in solving complex problems
- looking for (and finding!) solutions to problems
- streamlining a workflow or process
- learning more
- data-based decisionmaking
- me a well-integrated, safe, and convenient multi-modal transport system!
I am interested in how humans comprehend language, and proficient in various research and experiment techniques, scripting, and software. My goal is for my dissertation to be a multi-modal investigation of the influence of individual differences in language comprehension. While it isn't entirely finished yet, there have been some talks and presentations on the matter.
I am passionate about making cities accessible and pleasant experiences for all. I believe that a well-integrated, safe, and convenient multi-modal transport system is a key ingredient of a successful and liveable city. I try to work towards these values as the Vice-Chair of the Edmonton Transit System Advisory Board, which researches various transit topics and advises City Council on transit-related matters. I also like to talk about cycling and bike share as crucial components of a healthy and welcoming urban environment.
- statistics/data analysis R, RStudio, Tableau, modelling, dataviz, ggplot
- academic praat, E-Prime, OpenSesame, DmDX, LATEX
- office Microsoft Office Suite, Open/LibreOffice, google suite
- programming Python, SQL, MySQL, bash/terminal/console
- web design (X)HTML, HTML5, CSS3
- OS's Unix (Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware), Windows, Mac
- misc Get Things Done/GTD (Nirvana), Kanban (Trello), Markdown, prezi