ECMAS meeting February 12, 2001
[There being no secretary at the time, ECMAS was not in thehabit of taking and reading minutes of these general monthly meetings. Thiswrite-up was done on a one-time volunteer basis by the girlfriend of the personidentified here as Source A. It was never presented to the group or adopted asofficial minutes, but was supplied to me months later by the president--FC.]
Bob Bouvier ElsieCable GaryDevries
Rick Fowler BevFowler WillSchaffrick
Ferrel Christiansen George McGeough JiggsHaiden
[Source A] [thegirlfriend] RonDupuis
Wayne McDonald Lyn Yaremko
Meeting called to order at 7:01pm
- Crime Prevention Application – ([the girlfriend])
The AlbertaJustice has acknowledged receipt of the Grant application, and once there hasbeen word on a decision, the board will hear about it.
- There was a recommendation to have a meeting with John Booth. Gary Devries will arrange this. He will also try to find some people who can also attend this meeting with John to discuss several issues pertaining to custody and access. Some of which are:
- Access coordinator amendment tothe bill
- Reciprocal access agreement
- Notice of Motion for “exerciseof Parenting Time”
- Some coordination of theeducation act, or dealings with day homes and childcare facilities in order toobtain access or information about one’s child.
3. Jiggspresented the opportunity for a second location to hold another weekly support group meeting in St. Albert. There were concerns about someone not beingable to provide adequate legal expertise at these second meetings. A solution to this would be that the meetingscould hold a bit of a different focus. [The vote was that only emotional supportwould be given, not legal help. The girlfriend's failure here to present thewording of the formal motion, even being vague about the different"focus", would appear to reflect a reluctance to fully report thatdecision, which her boyfriend disliked.] Approval was given to try another weekly meeting for a period of 8weeks. At which time Jiggs will reportback to the board the progress of these meetings. [Source A] will chair these meetings alongwith Jiggs. [Back] The help line will promotethis support group as well as the Tuesday night support group meetings.
Ferrel suggestedhaving some “information” style presentations for people to attend. He has a list of several contacts that haveexpressed interest in doing these presentation information sessions.
- George McGeough, a social worker, will talk with Jiggs and produce a handout to give out to the support group attendees.
1. Bob informed people that he islooking for people that have “human rights charter violations”. Bob will give more details as thisprogresses.
2. The board is meeting on MondayFebruary 26, 6:30pm at [the girlfriend’s] house, to go over the bylaws, makechanges and get these done. Atlast! [the girlfriend’s] address is [address,phone omitted]. Everyone who is able tocome is asked to bring a chair, as seating is limited. There is plenty of room for the chairs, justno chairs. [Correction--it was an ad hoc-committee meeting, not one ofthe ECMAS Board]
3. Rick Fowler, once these bylawsare in place is going to bring them when he meets with Kevin Quayle.
4. Next “Law Day” is SaturdayApril 21, 2001.
5. Parking at the new meetinglocation. If you park in the paidparking at the West of the building, remember to bring in your parking pass andstamp it for free parking. The stamp ison the same table where the free coffee is set up.
6. There are Board memberpositions open, if anyone is interested or knows someone that may be interestedor would be a good candidate, please forward your name to Bob Bouvier.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05