Guidelines for dealing with Safety Infractions:
††††††††† These Include but are not limited to:
- Improper use of PPE
- Unsafe Laboratory Procedures
- Laboratory Safety Violations
1. Verbal warning / reminder
- The Person is verbally reminded of the deficiency and how to correct it.
2. Written warning:
email will be sent to the Person, PI, CivSafe@Ualberta.ca and Department
Chairman about repeat violation of recommended safety practices
- PI is given opportunity to correct Personís actions.
3. Laboratory Suspension:
Person is suspended from accessing the laboratory for one month
and is asked to leave immediately.
- The Person, PI, CivSafe@Ualberta.ca, and Department Chairman are emailed of what has transpired and that the student is suspended from the lab.
Suspensions are non-negotiable, with Person accepting all consequence of their actions. (E.g. missed deadlines, papers, etc.)
Re-entering the lab while under suspension or continued violations beyond the third instance will be referred to the Department and / or Faculty for measures that may include up to permanent dismissal from the laboratories or program.