tessiera at umichdot edu
atessier at sfudot ca
links and stuffs
Welcome to my academic web presence at the University of Alberta, where I used to be a faculty member in Linguistics.|
My research includes but is not limited to: phonology, language acquisition, early child ESL, learning algorithms, and most recently neuro-imaging with fNIRS and shitgibbons.
I am currently the Principal Investigator on a SSHRC Insight grant (2015-2019): "English spoken by immigrant children: learning a second language phonology in early childhood" along with my co-applicant Ashley Farris Trimble.
The time I had a sabbatical, I wrote a textbook called Phonological Acquisition: Child Language and Constraint-Based Grammar, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2015.
My current appointments:
* Adjunct Professor, Linguistics and member of Phonological Processing Lab, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby BC Canada
* Adjunct Research Faculty, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Michigan State University, East Lansing MI USA
My previous affiliations:
* 2007: Ph.D. in Linguistics, UMass Amherst, Amherst, MA, USA
* 2006-2016: Assistant and then Associate Professor, Linguistics, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, Canada
* 2011-2012: Visiting Research Scientist, Linguistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, USA
My research up until 2015 lives in the links to the left. If you suspect me of doing something else in the past that isn't there, email me!